Special Issue on Innovations in local representative democracy: Dilemmas and perspectives -I
Edited by Eva Sørensen and Signy Irene Vabo
1. Introduction: A Public Innovation Perspective on Change in Local Democracy, by Eva Sørensen, Roskilde University, Roskilde, Denmark and Nord University, Bodø, Norway and Signy Irene Vabo, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway.
2. Administrators as Drivers of Democratic Innovations, by Asbjørn Røiseland, Nord University, Bodø, Norway and Signy Irene Vabo, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway.
3. Understanding Participatory Innovations: A Multiple Streams Account of the Creation of Parents’ Councils in Swiss Schools, by Patricia Buser and Daniel Kübler, University of Zurich, Zürich, Switzerland.
4. Strengthening Public Service Production, Administrative Problem Solving and Political Leadership through Co-creation of Innovative Public Value Outcomes? by Tina Øllgaard Bentzen, Eva Sørensen and Jacob Torfing, all of Roskilde University, Denmark.
5. Democratic Innovations in Dutch Local Government: Experimentation in Search of Strategy, by Harmen Binnema, Ank Michels and Paul `t Hart, all of Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands and Lieske van der Torre, Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment, The Hague, The Netherlands.
Published March 7 2020